GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARS 2.18.18Feb 18, 2018
Iowa Wild (25-15-7-3; 60 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (26-18-5-2; 59 pts.)
Iowa Wild welcomes Texas Stars to Wells Fargo Arena for the first time this season. The two teams previously played at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park in December, a 5-4 overtime loss for the Wild. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division, while Texas sits third in the Pacific Division.
The Wild won its third consecutive win with a 3-2 victory against San Antonio Rampage Monday evening. Wild forward Luke Kunin led the team to victory with two goals and added an assist on forward Colton Beck’s tally. Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg earned another victory, stopping 27 shots in the contest.
- Iowa currently has a seven-game home point streak, going 6-0-1-0 since Jan. 7.
- Iowa has earned points in its last five meetings with Texas, going 3-0-2-0 during that stretch.
- Since Jan. 7, Cal O’Reilly has 18 points (3g, 15a) in 14 games, third-most among all AHL players during that stretch.
- Iowa Wild reassigned forward Pavel Jenys to Rapid City Rush and recalled forward Jack Walker and goaltender Adam Vay.
- Texas Stars battled Milwaukee Admirals Saturday afternoon and walked away with a 1-0 win.
- Forward Travis Morin leads the Stars in scoring, notching 45 points (7g, 38a) in 50 games this season.
- Morin’s 38 assists lead all skaters in the AHL.
- Dallas Stars recalled forward Jason Dickinson from Texas Feb. 16.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Texas 2/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 2/24 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 2/25 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 3/3 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 3/4 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.