GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. TEXAS STARSMar 30, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-23-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (34-29-4-3; 75 pts.)
Iowa and Texas will meet for the eighth and final time this regular season Saturday evening. Iowa heads into the contest sitting in third in the Central Division with 80 points, while the Stars are closing the gap by moving to 75 points, good for fourth in the Central Division.
Texas scored five consecutive tallies as the Wild fell to the Stars by a score of 5-2 Friday night. Forward Kyle Rau scored his 26th goal of the season, tying Sam Anas’ record for most scores in a single season, while forward Gerry Mayhew notched the other tally for the Wild. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made 24 stops on 29 shots in the contest.
- Forward Kyle Rau is in the midst of an 11-game home point streak, tied for the longest active stretch in the AHL, and has 20 points (11g, 9a) in those games.
- The Wild have recorded 100 multi-point contests this season. Forward Cal O’Reilly leads the team with 17 such games.
- Iowa’s losses to Grand Rapids and Texas was the team’s first consecutive defeats in regulation at home this season.
- Forward Mason Shaw has four points (2g, 2a) in his last four games at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Texas has taken 13 of a possible 14 points from the Wild this season, going 6-0-0-1 when playing Iowa.
- Forward Rhett Gardner recorded his first pro goal and assist against the Wild Friday night.
- Forward Colin Markison’s goal Friday night was his eighth of the season, a new career high.
- Defenseman Joe Hanley is on a five-game point streak, notching five points (2g, 3a) in those games.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.