GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSDec 31, 2019
Iowa Wild (17-12-2-2; 38 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (13-16-2-2; 30 pts.)
Iowa continues its three-game homestand with a New Year’s Eve matinee against the Texas Stars Tuesday afternoon. Iowa heads into the contest sitting in second place in the Central Division with 38 points while Texas is in eighth place with 30 points. All-time, Iowa is 11-21-4-2 against Texas.
The Wild saw its win streak snapped as the team fell to the Chicago Wolves by a score of 4-3 Saturday evening. Forwards Kyle Bauman, Sam Anas and Brandon Duhaime all notched goals in the game for the Wild, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made his fifth consecutive start, stopping 20 of 24 stops.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew is currently riding a five-game point streak and his eight points (4g, 4a) during that stretch is the second-most in the AHL.
- Iowa has allowed a power-play goal in nine of its last 11 contests.
- Defenseman Louie Belpedio is tied for the lead in shots among all defensemen with 94.
- Minnesota reassigned forward Nico Sturm to Iowa and Iowa recalled forward Tyler Sheehy from Allen and signed defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to a PTO on Dec. 30.
- Texas was defeated in overtime by the San Antonio Rampage Saturday evening by a score of 5-4.
- Forward Joel L’Esperance paces the Stars with 23 points (14g, 9a) in 29 games this season.
- Texas has earned points in each of its last 13 games against the Wild, going 11-0-0-2 in those contests.
- Texas’ 67 goals allowed on the road are the second-most in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.