GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSJan 20, 2020
Iowa Wild (23-14-3-2; 51 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (19-17-2-2; 42 pts.)
Iowa closes out its three-game homestand with a contest against the Texas Stars Monday afternoon. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 51 points while Texas is in fourth in the division with 42 points. Monday’s game will be the sixth of eight meetings between the two teams and the last at Wells Fargo Arena during the 2019-20 regular season.
The Wild defeated the San Jose Barracuda by a score of 4-3 in overtime Saturday evening in a back-and-forth affair. San Jose took a 2-0 lead before the Wild rattled off three straight goals by forwards Dmitry Sokolov and Kyle Rau. San Jose then tied the game with 95 seconds remaining and in overtime, defenseman Louie Belpedio clinched the victory for the Wild with one minute remaining. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 23 of 26 shots in the victory.
- Forward Will Bitten skated in his 100th AHL game Saturday night.
- With his goal against San Jose Saturday, forward Kyle Rau recorded his 200th professional point.
- Forward Dmitry Sokolov’s five-game point streak is the longest of his career and his five goals since Jan. 11 is the second-most by any skater in the AHL during that stretch.
- Forward Brandon Duhaime’s five major penalties are tied for the most of any rookie in the AHL.
- Texas defeated the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins by a score of 4-3 in the shootout on Jan. 17.
- Texas is currently on a six-game win streak, which is the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Forward Joel L’Esperance leads the team in scoring with 27 points (17g, 10a) in 35 games.
- Dallas reassigned forward Joel Kiviranta to Texas on Jan. 18.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.