GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TUCSON ROADRUNNERSDec 7, 2019
Iowa Wild (12-8-2-2; 28 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (17-5-0-0; 34 pts.)
After five games on the road, the Wild return to Wells Fargo Arena to face the Tucson Roadrunners for a two-game series. The Wild currently sit in second place in the Central Division with 28 points, while the Roadrunners are atop the Pacific Division with 34 points. Saturday’s game marks the second of three consecutive contests against a division leader for the Wild.
Iowa dropped a 7-1 contest to the Milwaukee Admirals at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena Friday night. Forward Gabriel Dumont scored the lone goal for the Wild, his eighth tally this season and his sixth point against the Admirals this year, while forward Luke Johnson extended his point streak to four games with an assist. Goaltender Mat Robson made the start, stopping 14 of 19 shots, before being replaced by Dereck Baribeau, who made 11 saves on 13 shots.
- Friday’s contest marked the first time since March 11, 2017 that the Wild made an in-game goalie switch.
- This season, Iowa is 4-1-2-1 in the second game of a back-to-back.
- The Wild’s 3-2-1-0 record against the Pacific Division is the best of any Central Division team.
- Minnesota recalled forward Nico Sturm from Iowa on Dec. 6.
- Tucson defeated the Colorado Eagles by a score of 2-1 on Dec. 4.
- Forward Lane Pederson paces the Roadrunners with 23 points (13g, 10a) in 22 games.
- Forward Brayden Burke leads the AHL with eight power-play goals and five game-winning goals.
- Tucson is undefeated in games requiring overtime or a shootout, going 4-0 in such contests.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.