GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. TUCSON ROADRUNNERSDec 10, 2019
Iowa Wild (12-9-2-2; 28 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (18-5-0-0; 36 pts.)
Iowa and Tucson will meet for the fourth and final time Tuesday night to complete a two-game series at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild currently is in second place in the Central Division with 28 points while the Roadrunners are in first place in the Pacific with 36 points. Iowa is 1-73-0 all-time against Tucson and has yet to win a contest against the Roadrunners in Des Moines.
The Wild fell to the Roadrunners by a score of 4-1 Saturday evening, the team’s fifth loss in its last six contests. Forward Gerry Mayhew scored the lone goal for the Wild, extending his team lead to 14 tallies on the season. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 18 of 22 shots in the loss.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew’s 14 goals this season rank second-most in the AHL.
- Iowa has recorded a goal on special teams in seven of its last eight contests.
- Despite leading the league in shots, Iowa has failed to reach 30 shots in each of its last three games.
- Minnesota reassigned forward Nico Sturm from Iowa on Dec. 9.
- Goaltender Ivan Prosvetov is 6-1 with a .942 save percentage and four straight wins in his last seven contests.
- Four players recorded multi-point games against the Wild Saturday, including forward Kevin Hancock’s first professional multi-point contest.
- Tucson’s 49 goals for on the road rank second in the AHL.
- Arizona recalled defenseman Robbie Russo and reassigned forward Michael Chaput on Dec. 9.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.