GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVESJan 8, 2022
Iowa Wild (12-12-2-2; 28 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (20-5-1-1; 42 pts.)
The Wild and the Wolves meet for the fourth time this season with Chicago having taken the first three matchups. Iowa and Chicago are scheduled to play each other a total of 10 times in the 2021-22 season.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Friday, Jan. 8, the Wild played the Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids. After surrendering two first period goals, Wild defenseman Jon Lizotte scored at 16:08 of the third period to cut the Griffins lead to one goal. However, after Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre was pulled for the extra attacker, the Griffins scored on the empty net to go up 3-1 and seal the victory. McIntyre made 24 saves in what was his first start with Iowa.
- Iowa has scored the first goal of the game in just two of their last 15 games.
- The Wild are 8-2-0-0 in games in which they score the first goal.
- The Wild have scored one goal in their three games against Chicago this season.
- Iowa is 6-3-0-0 in games decided by three goals or more in the 2021-22 season.
- Chicago is second in the AHL in power play opportunities (130).
- Wolves forward Andrew Poturalski leads all AHL skaters with at least 20 games played in points per game (1.42).
- Chicago is one of three teams with two players in the top 10 in the AHL in points (C.J. Smith, Andrew Poturalski).
- Wolves goaltender Eetu Makiniemi is fourth in the AHL among qualified goaltenders in goals against average (2.06).
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.