GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVESFeb 19, 2022
Iowa Wild (20-17-3-3; 46 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (27-10-4-3; 61 pts.)
The Wild and the Wolves face off for the seventh time in the 2021-22 season on Feb. 19. Chicago emerged victorious in four of the first six meetings between the two teams.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Tuesday, Feb. 15, Iowa fell to the Rockford IceHogs in a shootout by a score of 3-2. Wild defenseman Brenden Miller and Wild forward Joseph Cramarossa scored in regulation for Iowa, and both teams headed to overtime tied at two goals apiece. After neither team scored in overtime, Rockford defenseman Ian Mitchell scored the only shootout goal to give the IceHogs a 3-2 victory.
- Iowa has only recorded 30 or more shots in one of their six games against Chicago this season.
- Wild defenseman Jake Linhart has recorded four points (1-3=4) in his last three games.
- Iowa forward Marco Rossi is currently riding a four-game point streak.
- Iowa has killed 84.2% of their penalties in road games this season.
- Chicago has outscored their opponents 48-27 in the third period of games this season.
- The Wolves rank 12th in the AHL in goals for per game (3.23).
- Chicago forward Andrew Poturalski leads the AHL in points (59).
- Wolves forward Stefan Noesen has recorded one point in five straight games.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.