GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSMar 5, 2022
Iowa Wild (22-21-3-3; 50 pts.) at Grand Rapids Griffins (22-21-5-2; 51 pts.)
Iowa and Grand Rapids play for the sixth time this year with the Wild having won the last two matchups between the two teams. Iowa has outscored Grand Rapids by a combined score of 10-1 in the previous two games.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
Iowa handily defeated Grand Rapids on Friday, Mar. 4 as Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre recorded a 40-save shutout. Power play goals from Iowa forwards Mitchell Chaffee and Marco Rossi, a second period goal from Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts and an empty net tally from Wild forward Nick Swaney propelled Iowa to a 4-0 victory.
- Iowa forward Marco Rossi has recorded a goal in two straight games.
- Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts recorded his first multi-point game since Dec. 14, 2021 on Mar. 4, 2022.
- Iowa forward Mitchell Chaffee owns five points (3-2=5) in four games against the Griffins this season.
- Wild forward Kyle Rau has registered seven points (2-5=7) in his last three games.
GLIDING IN GRAND RAPIDS
- The first period is the only period in which Grand Rapids has outscored their opponents this season.
- Griffins goaltenders have a combined goals against average of 4.50 against Iowa this season.
- Grand Rapids owns the lowest power play percentage (13.2%) in the AHL.
- The Griffins are 8-5-1-1 when outshooting their opponents this season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.