GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT HENDERSON SILVER KNIGHTSNov 27, 2021
Iowa Wild (8-4-1-0; 17 pts.) at Henderson Silver Knights (7-5-1-1; 16 pts.)
Saturday marks the first time Henderson and Iowa have ever played against each other and the first of four matchups between the Wild and Silver Knights during the 2021-22 season. Iowa has won four of their last five games by a combined score of 19-8.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Sunday, Nov. 21, the Wild dropped the second of two matchups at home to the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 2-1. Iowa forward Matt Boldy scored the only Wild goal of the contest, giving him three goals and one assist in his first two games of the season. In game one on Friday, Nov. 19, Wild goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 17 shots en route to his league-leading third shutout as Iowa won 5-0.
SATURDAY ON THE STRIP
- Wild forward Marco Rossi is fourth in points scored (14) amongst AHL rookies.
- Iowa forward Matt Boldy’s 22 points in 16 career AHL games would place him in a tie with Rochester’s Jack Quinn for the AHL lead this season.
- Iowa Head Coach Tim Army is one win away from 100 career wins as the Head Coach of the Wild.
- Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts is tied for the league lead in game-winning goals (2).
- Henderson is third in the AHL in home power play percentage (30.3%).
- The Silver Knights are 5-2-0-0 at home this season.
- The first period is the only regulation period in which Henderson has outscored their opponents this season.
- The Silver Knights have been outshot by a total of 504-356 in 14 games.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.