GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSEJan 4, 2022
Iowa Wild (11-11-2-2; 26 pts.) at Manitoba Moose (16-9-1-0; 33 pts.)
Iowa and Manitoba play for the fifth time in the 2021-22 season. The Wild and the Moose split the first four matchups.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
In a hard-fought game on Sunday, Jan. 2, the Wild fell to the Moose in Manitoba by a score of 2-1. Wild forwards Matt Boldy and Marco Rossi recorded assists on the lone Iowa goal scored by Wild forward Kyle Rau. Iowa goaltender Trevin Kozlowski made his first start of the 2021-22 season in the loss, making 28 saves on 30 shots. The game marked the second loss in a row for the Wild after emerging victorious on Friday, Dec. 17 and Wednesday, Dec. 29.
- Wild forward Kyle Rau has recorded at least one point in five of his last seven games.
- Iowa is 4-7-1-1 in road games in the 2021-22 season.
- Wild forward Adam Beckman is tied for the league lead in shots (77) among AHL rookies.
- Only the Texas Stars have taken more penalty shots (3) than the Wild (2) this season.
- Manitoba defenseman Leon Gawanke is tied for fourth-most points by a defenseman (17) in the AHL.
- Nine of Moose forward Austin Poganski’s 16 points came in a seven game stretch from Nov. 13 to Dec. 4.
- Manitoba has a plus-12 goal differential at home this season.
- The Moose are averaging the sixth-fewest penalty minutes per game (11.35) in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.