GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSNov 10, 2021
Iowa Wild (4-3-1-0; 9 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (3-5-0-0; 6 pts.)
After falling to the Milwaukee Admirals on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2021, the Wild are facing off against the Rockford IceHogs for the third time this season and the first time in Rockford. Thus far, Iowa is 2-0 in games against the IceHogs.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Saturday, Nov. 6, the Wild fell to the Manitoba Moose by a score of 5-2. Wild forwards Will Bitten and Nick Swaney scored consecutive goals in the second period to tie the game at two goals apiece. However, three Milwaukee goals off of Admiral skates proved to be the difference in the game. Iowa outshot Milwaukee 43-33, but did not convert on their seven powerplay opportunities as Admirals goaltender Connor Ingram made 41 saves.
- Wild forward Nick Swaney has recorded nine points in his last six games played.
- Iowa defenseman Jon Lizotte has recorded a primary assist in each of the last two games.
- The Wild have outshot their opponents in seven of their eight contests this season.
- Wild forward Mason Shaw is tied for seventh in shots (32) in the AHL.
- IceHogs forward Lukas Reichel is tied for third in goals scored (6) in the AHL.
- Rockford is 1-1 at home and 2-4 on the road this season.
- The IceHogs have been outscored by a total of 32-21 in their eight games.
- The IceHogs have the second-fewest penalty minutes (80) in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.