GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT SAN DIEGO GULLSApr 2, 2022
Iowa Wild (25-26-4-4; 58 pts.) at San Diego Gulls (26-26-3-1; 56 pts.)
After winning the first three matchups against San Diego in the 2021-22 season, the Wild play the Gulls for the final time on Saturday, Apr. 2.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Friday, Apr. 1, Wild forward Connor Dewar returned to the Wild lineup and tied the game at one goal apiece at 18:40 of the third period with Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre on the bench for the extra attacker. Iowa defenseman Calen Addison then scored 54-seconds into overtime to lift the Wild to a 2-1 victory over the San Diego Gulls.
- Iowa defenseman Calen Addison owns 18 points (6-12=18) in his last 14 AHL games.
- Wild forward Connor Dewar has recorded five points (3-2=5) in his last three games with Iowa.
- Iowa has outscored the Gulls by a combined total of 11-4 in three games this season.
- Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre owns a .953 save percentage in three games against the Gulls this season.
GRASPING THE GULLS
- No Gulls player has scored more than one goal against the Wild this season.
- San Diego ranks third in the AHL in penalty kill percentage (86%) on home ice in the 2021-22 season.
- The second period is the only period in which the Gulls have outscored their opponents this season.
- San Diego is the only team in the AHL without a win when trailing after two periods.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.