GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TUCSON ROADRUNNERSApr 5, 2022
Iowa Wild (25-27-4-4; 58 pts.) at Tucson Roadrunners (20-31-5-1; 46 pts.)
The Wild and the Roadrunners face off for the first time since Nov. 21, 2021 and the third time in the 2021-22 season. Iowa and Tucson split their first two matchups with the Wild outscoring the Roadrunners by a combined total of 6-2.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Saturday, Apr. 2, the Wild faced off against the San Diego Gulls on the road. After Wild forward Mitchell Chaffee opened the scoring in the first period, the Gulls scored four unanswered goals. Third period goals from Wild defenseman Kevin Czuczman and Chaffee cut San Diego’s lead to 4-3. However, the Gulls scored an empty net goal with 22-seconds remaining to earn a 5-3 victory.
COMBING THE DESERT
- Iowa forward Kyle Rau owns three points (2-1=3) in two games against Tucson.
- Wild goaltenders have a combined save percentage of .966 against the Roadrunners this season.
- Iowa forward Marco Rossi ranks T-4th amongst AHL rookies in assists (30).
- The Wild are just 14-14-3-0 in games in which they outshoot their opponent in the 2021-22 season.
- Tucson forward Bokondji Imama leads the AHL in penalty minutes (163).
- The Roadrunners have scored two total goals in two games against the Wild this season.
- Tucson is 3-5-2-0 in their last ten games.
- The Roadrunners have been outscored by a total of 112-84 on home ice in the 2021-22 season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.