GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS CHICAGO WOLVESDec 4, 2021
Iowa Wild (9-6-1-0; 19 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (12-4-1-1; 26 pts.)
After falling to Chicago in the first of ten matchups with the Wolves this season, the Wild have an opportunity to make up ground in the Central Division with two consecutive games against the Wolves at Wells Fargo Arena this weekend.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
In the first matchup of the season against Chicago on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, the Wild could not solve Wolves goaltender Alex Lyon, despite taking 30 shots in the game. Wolves defenseman Jesper Sellgren and Wolves forward Sam Miletic scored the only two goals in the game, and Chicago won by a score of 2-0. Iowa forward Alexander Khovanov made his AHL debut in the game.
- Iowa is 5-1-1-0 on home ice this season.
- The Wild are one of three teams in the top 10 in power play percentage (22.1%) and penalty kill percentage (83.8%).
- Iowa goaltender Dereck Baribeau’s 35 saves on Dec. 2 were the most in a single game in his career.
- The Wild are tied for the most shorthanded goals (3) scored at home this season.
WINDY CITY SUCCESS
- Chicago is tied for the third-most points (26) in the AHL.
- The Wolves are tied for the second-fewest goals scored (11) in first periods this season.
- Chicago has outshot their opponents by a total of 633-474.
- The Wolves are tied for the second-fewest goals against per game (2.44) in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.