GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS CHICAGO WOLVESDec 5, 2021
Iowa Wild (9-7-1-0; 19 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (13-4-1-1; 28 pts.)
The Wild and the Wolves play for the third time in four nights after Chicago took the first two games of the season series. Sunday’s meeting is the third of 10 between the Wild and the Wolves this season.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Saturday, Dec. 4 the Wild and Wolves battled for the second time in three days. Iowa forward Matt Boldy kicked off the scoring on the power play, but a goal in each of the last two periods allowed Chicago to prevail 2-1. Wild goaltender Hunter Jones made his first AHL start of the season in the loss, making 30 saves on the night. Wild forward Mason Shaw and Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts recorded assists on Boldy’s goal.
- Iowa forward Matt Boldy has recorded four goals and three assists in six games since returning from injury.
- The Wild are 5-5-0-0 in their last ten games.
- Iowa has lost just one game by more than two goals this season.
- The Wild are tied for the fifth-most power play goals for (16) in the AHL.
- Chicago is tied for the third-most points (26) in the AHL.
- The Wolves are tied for the second-fewest goals scored (11) in first periods this season.
- Chicago has outshot their opponents by a total of 633-474.
- The Wolves are tied for the second-fewest goals against per game (2.44) in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.