GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS CHICAGO WOLVESJan 15, 2022
Iowa Wild (13-13-2-2; 30 pts.) vs Chicago Wolves (23-6-1-1; 48 pts.)
After a thrilling 4-3 victory for Iowa over Chicago on Friday, Jan. 14, both teams play for the second time in as many nights, and for the sixth time this season on Saturday, Jan. 15.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
The Wild defeated the Chicago Wolves for the first time in the 2021-22 season on Friday, Jan. 14, 2022 by a score of 4-3. Wild forwards Mitchell Chaffee, Eric Staal and Dominic Turgeon all scored prior to Wild forward Nick Swaney’s shorthanded game-winning goal at 14:11 of the third period. Iowa goaltender Zane McIntyre was impressive in net, making 29 saves on 32 Chicago shots and helping to kill five of Chicago’s seven power play opportunities on the night.
WEATHERING THE STORM
- Jan. 14, 2022 was the first time since Feb. 25, 2020 that Wild forward Eric Staal has recorded two or more points in a professional game.
- Iowa forward Marco Rossi has recorded at least one point in his last seven AHL games.
- Wild forward Nick Swaney is T-1st in shorthanded goals (2) among AHL rookies.
- Iowa defenseman Joe Hicketts ranks fourth among all AHL defensemen in points (19).
WINDY CITY WOLVES
- Wolves forward Andrew Poturalski has recorded 20 points (8-12=20) in his last eight games.
- Chicago has scored at least one goal in each of their last nine periods played against Iowa.
- Wolves forward C.J. Smith has recorded 14 points (5-9=14) in his last 10 games.
- Chicago goaltender Alex Lyon has allowed three or more goals in three of his last four starts.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com.