GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS COLORADO EAGLESDec 29, 2021
Iowa Wild (10-10-2-1; 23 pts.) vs Colorado Eagles (11-11-2-2; 26 pts.)
Wednesday marks the first time in the 2021-22 season in which the Wild play the Eagles. The matchup is the first of four between Iowa and Colorado this season. The Eagles are currently riding a four-game losing streak.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
Before the Wild headed into their Christmas break, they defeated the Manitoba Moose on Friday, Dec. 17 by a score of 4-1. Iowa goaltender Hunter Jones stopped 36 of 37 shots and Wild defenseman Calen Addison scored his first two goals of the season in the victory. Iowa forwards Mason Shaw and Adam Beckman both recorded two points on the night, with Shaw tallying a goal and an assist and Beckman notching two assists.
INTO THE WILD
- The Wild are the only team in the AHL in the top five in power play percentage (21.6%) and penalty kill percentage (86%).
- Iowa has been outshot in six of their last eight contests. The Wild outshot their opponents in eight of their first nine games this season.
- After going scoreless in his first 12 games, Iowa forward Nate Sucese has two goals in his last five games.
- The Wild are 7-2-0-0 when scoring first this season but have given up the first goal in 10 of their last 11 games.
FLY LIKE AN EAGLE
- Colorado has lost four of their last five games, having been outscored 23-12 in those five games combined.
- The Eagles are 3-0-0-1 against Central Division opponents this season.
- Colorado is 3-6-1-2 in away contests this season, compiling just 9 of their 26 points on the road.
- Eagles defenseman Jordan Gross is T-1st in goals scored (6) by a defenseman in the AHL this season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.