GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS MANITOBA MOOSEJan 19, 2022
Iowa Wild (14-14-2-2; 32 pts.) vs Manitoba Moose (20-9-2-1; 43 pts.)
In a game originally scheduled for Dec. 18, 2021, Iowa and Manitoba play for the sixth time this season. The Wild own a 3-2-0-0 record against the Moose in the first five matchups.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Monday, Jan. 17, the Wild and the Milwaukee Admirals faced off for the seventh time in the 2021-22 season. Milwaukee forwards Zach Solow, Rocco Grimaldi and Mitch McLain scored to lead the Admirals to a 3-0 victory. Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre made 23 saves on 25 shots as McLain’s goal was scored on an empty net with 44-seconds remaining in the game.
WILD ON WEDNESDAY
- Iowa is 9-2-0-0 when scoring first this season.
- 20 of the Wild’s 32 points have come in games played at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Iowa averages the third-most penalty minutes per game (14.53) in the AHL.
- Wild forward Marco Rossi has recorded five points (0-5=5) in four games against the Moose this season.
- Moose goaltender Evan Cormier is 1-0-1 with a 1.44 goals against average and a .945 save percentage against Iowa this season.
- No Manitoba player has recorded more than three total points against the Wild this season.
- Manitoba is 3-0-1-0 in games in which they are outshot by their opponent.
- The Moose rank first in the AHL in shots allowed per game (25.09).
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.