GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 13, 2021
Iowa Wild (5-3-1-0; 11 pts.) vs Milwaukee Admirals (3-5-1-0; 7 pts.)
After a riveting comeback and overtime win in Rockford on Nov. 10, 2021, the Wild face off against Milwaukee for the second time this season. In the first matchup between the two teams, the Wild fell to the Admirals 5-2 in a game in which three of Milwaukee’s goals were deflected off skates.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Wednesday, Nov. 10, the Wild defeated the Rockford IceHogs in overtime by a score of 4-3. Wild forward Nick Swaney collected a rebound off of a shot by Iowa center Marco Rossi and scored to tie the game at three with just 26-seconds remaining in regulation. Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts fired home a point shot on the power play at 3:53 of the overtime period to give Iowa their fifth victory on the season.
- Wild forward Mason Shaw has recorded ten points in his last six games.
- Iowa is tied for the second-most shorthanded goals for (3) in the AHL.
- The Wild have outscored their opponents 16-11 in the second period this season.
- Iowa is 3-1-0-0 in games decided by three goals or more this season.
- Milwaukee is 25th in both goals for per game (2.78) and goals against per game (3.44).
- The Admirals are 1-2-0-0 when outshooting their opponent this season.
- Admirals goaltender Connor Ingram recorded 56 saves on Nov. 10, the most by any goalie in a game this season.
- As a team, Milwaukee holds league-highs for saves made in the first, second and third period of a game this season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.