GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 14, 2021
Iowa Wild (6-3-1-0; 13 pts.) vs Milwaukee Admirals (3-6-1-0; 7 pts.)
In game one of a two-game weekend set against rival Milwaukee, the Wild exploded for five goals on offense and rode a fantastic performance by goaltender Andrew Hammond to victory. On Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021 Iowa takes on the Admirals once more at 3 p.m. CT.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
On Saturday, Nov. 13, Iowa defeated the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 5-0. Five different Wild players scored goals on the night, and eight different Iowa players recorded a point. Andrew Hammond made 26 saves en route to his second shutout performance of the season. The Iowa forward line of Adam Beckman, Connor Dewar and Mason Shaw recorded a goal and three assists in the victory.
- Wild forward Nick Swaney has recorded seven goals in his last seven games and has a point in eight straight games.
- Iowa has defeated Milwaukee in seven of the last eight meetings at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Wild goaltender Andrew Hammond is tied for the league lead in shutouts (2).
- Iowa is the only team in the Central Division with four players with 10 points or more.
- Milwaukee center Mitch McLain is tied for fifth in the AHL in penalty minutes (34).
- Despite being pulled in last night’s game, Admirals goaltender Connor Ingram is ninth in the AHL in save percentage (.932).
- The Admirals had six players with a minus-two rating or worse in Saturday’s game.
- Milwaukee averages the fifth-most penalty minutes per game as a team with 16.3.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.