GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS ROCKFORD ICEHOGSOct 22, 2021
Iowa Wild (1-1-0-0; 2 pts.) vs Rockford IceHogs (1-1-0-0; 2 pts.)
Following a split in Texas against the Stars, the Wild return home to battle the IceHogs in the Home Opener. Rockford comes to town tied with Iowa in the Central Division, as both teams boast records of 1-1-0-0 early on.
In their first two games of the season, the Wild played well, despite splitting their opening series against Texas. Against the Stars, Connor Dewar flashed some offensive skill, picking up a goal and an assist in the two games, while Andrew Hammond collected a shutout in game one of two last weekend. Marco Rossi (2020, 1st Round) scored his first professional goal in the second game. Iowa has allowed just three total goals in their first two games combined.
- The Wild are 28-13-4 against Rockford over the last five seasons. Last year, Iowa went 6-3-1 against the IceHogs.
- Kyle Rau (64 goals) is three goals away from third all-time in Iowa Wild franchise history.
- Iowa was 9-6-2-0 on home ice during the 2020-21 season.
- Defenseman Joe Hicketts and forward Connor Dewar are both on a point per game pace thus far.
- Alexander Nylander scored two goals against Chicago on 10/16, an individual team high for Rockford.
- The IceHogs have given up five combined goals in the second period in their two games.
- Rockford has recorded just 13 shots in the first period of games this season.
- The IceHogs have accumulated the sixth most penalty minutes (34) in the AHL to this point.
The Wild will face-off against the IceHogs once again tomorrow night at 6 p.m. CT at Wells Fargo Arena.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.