GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS TEXAS STARSApr 23, 2022
Iowa Wild (31-29-4-5; 71 pts.) vs Texas Stars (30-28-6-6; 72 pts.)
The Wild and the Stars battle for the second time in as many nights to round out their season series on Saturday, Apr. 23. Texas holds the edge in the season series, winning four of the first seven games. Iowa currently holds a slight lead for the fifth and final playoff spot in the Central Division.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
In the penultimate game in the season series between Iowa and Texas on Friday, Apr. 22, the Stars defeated the Wild by a score of 1-0. Wild goaltender Zane McIntyre made 33 saves and Stars goaltender Matt Murray made 38 saves en route to a shutout. Stars forward Joel L’Esperance scored the game’s only goal at 16:34 of the third period.
INTO THE WILD
- Wild forward Kyle Rau owns four points (1-3=4) in his last four games.
- Iowa has outscored their opponents 78-58 in the second period of games this season.
- The Wild are T-8th in goals against per game (2.87) in the AHL.
- Iowa goaltender Zane McIntyre has allowed one goal or less in six of his last 11 games.
- Texas is 5-14-1-1 when trailing after one period of play in the 2021-22 season.
- Stars forward Joel L’Esperance owns five points (3-2=5) in his last five games.
- Texas goaltender Matt Murray has recorded a .942 save percentage in four games this season.
- The Stars are 15-8-6-6 in one goal games in the 2021-22 season.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.