GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESFeb 21, 2021
Iowa fell 10-2 a night ago to Chicago at Triphahn Center Ice Arena. Chicago scored four goals in the first period, five goals in the second and one goal in the third. The Wild received tallies from Dmitrii Sokolov (3), and Mitch McLain (1), both goals came in the third period. Tonight is game two of eight total games the teams will play against each other this season.
- Tonight marks Belpedio’s 150th professional game.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont extended his point streak to five games with an assist last night. He leads all Wild players in scoring with six points.
- Last night’s ten goals against broke a previous single-game goals-against record of nine, set on Feb. 28, 2014 at Milwaukee.
- Goaltender Joel Rumpel made his Iowa Wild debut coming in to relieve goaltender Hunter Jones in the third period last night.
- Chicago had nine skaters record multi-point games last night.
- The Wolves had 15 of 18 skaters record at least one point an evening ago.
- Goaltender Jeremy Helvig made an AHL career-best 35 saves in the win last night.
- The Wolves have scored 30 goals for this season, which ranks first in the AHL.
- Jarvis and Forward Philip Tomasino are first and second amongst AHL rookies in scoring.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.