GAME PREVIEW: IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSApr 21, 2023
Iowa Wild (34-27-6-5; 79 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (35-28-5-4; 79 points)
The Iowa Wild host the Rockford IceHogs in Game 2 of the Central Division First Round at Wells Fargo Arena Friday at 7 p.m.
The Iowa Wild and Rockford IceHogs went to overtime seven times during the 2022-23 regular season before doing so again in Game 1 of the Central Division First Round. Iowa won three games in overtime and two in a shootout; Rockford had one overtime and one shootout win. The Wild have not lost an overtime game at home to the IceHogs in the last five seasons (17-7-0-0). Iowa’s longest playoff overtime game came on May 1, 2019 at Chicago (3-2 L, 78:39).
• Marco Rossi led the Wild with 14 points (3-11=14) against the IceHogs this season
• Steven Fogarty led Iowa with seven goals against Rockford
• Luke Philp (4-3=7), David Gust (3-4=7), and Jakub Galvas (1-6=7) each had seven points against Iowa; Gust led Rockford with a plus-4 rating
• Andrew Hammond holds the Iowa record for most saves in a postseason game (33)
• Ryan Donato holds the playoff record for most points and assists in a game (3)
• Five players scored two goals in a game in Iowa’s 2018-19 playoff run; Gerry Mayhew did so three times over 11 games
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com. Season tickets for 2023-24 are on sale now. Fans can purchase season tickets for the upcoming season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.
Visit http://www.iowawild.com/pressbox for the latest news and information from the team including press releases, game notes, multimedia content, and daily statistics.