GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSFeb 13, 2021
Iowa Wild (1-1-1-0; 3 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (0-2-0-0; 0 pts.)
The Iowa Wild and Rockford IceHogs open their 10-game season series Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena. Last weekend, Iowa hosted Texas for three games at home and picked up three of a possible six points in the series. Rockford dropped both of their opening two games, falling 5-4 and 5-2 in a home and home series with Chicago.
Iowa and Rockford dueled four times last season before it came to a halt due to COVID-19. The Wild took the series with a record of 3-0-1-0. Iowa outscored Rockford by a goal differential of 16-8. Gerry Mayhew led all goal scorers in the series with five goals in the four games played. Since the 2018-19 season, Iowa is 9-3-1-1 against Rockford.
- Forward Connor Dewar is on a three-game point streak and is tied for third in AHL points (2g-2a-4pts).
- Forward Gabriel Dumont is on a three-game point streak and is tied for third in scoring amongst AHL players.
- Defensemen Calen Addison and Louie Belpedio were recalled to the Minnesota Taxi Squad this week.
- Goalie Dereck Baribeau is tied for sixth in goals-against-average (1.96) amongst AHL goalies.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Wild forward Joseph Cramarossa and defenseman Ian McCoshen played for the IceHogs in the 2019-20 season.
- Forward D.J. Busdeker scored his first AHL goal and forward Chris Wilkie scored his first pro goal on Feb. 9 vs. Chicago.
- Defenseman Cody Franson is tied for second in points (3) and assists (3) by defensemen in the AHL. He also leads Rockford in points this season.
- Two of Rockford’s top three scorers are defensemen (Franson and Wyatt Kalynuk).
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.