GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSFeb 6, 2021
Iowa Wild (0-1-0-0; 0 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (1-0-0-0; 2 pts.)
The Iowa Wild and Texas Stars square off for game two of a three-game set tonight at Wells Fargo Arena. The Stars edged the Wild 8-4 last night, thanks in part to a six-goal outburst in the third period. Iowa led through the first and second periods, but couldn’t fend off Texas’ push in the final frame. Tonight marks game two of 12 total games this season between the Wild and the Stars.
POTENT POWER PLAYS
Both clubs saw success on the man-advantage last night. Iowa grabbed power play goals from forwards Dmitrii Sokolov and Connor Dewar and went two-for-six with the extra skater. Texas ended the night three-for-six, with power play goals by forwards Riley Damiani, Adam Mascherin and Anthony Louis.
- Defenseman Calen Addison notched three assists in his Wild debut last night.
- Dewar ended the night with a goal and an assist for his third career multi-point game.
- Rookie Adam Beckman scored his first professional goal Friday night.
- Iowa had five players make their professional debuts on opening night.
- The Wild have given up six goals in a single period only one other time in their history; Nov. 28, 2015 at Charlotte.
- The 8-4 win last night was the first time Texas scored eight goals in one game since Nov. 10, 2019.
- Rookie forward Riley Damiani scored twice and added an assist, earning first star of the game.
- Forward Adam Mascherin tied a career-best four-point night with one goal and three assists.
- Texas’ six-goal third period tied a franchise record for goals in a period.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.