GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSFeb 5, 2022
Iowa Wild (18-17-2-2; 40 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (17-15-3-1; 38 pts.)
Iowa and Rockford do battle for the seventh time in the 2021-22 season on Feb. 5. Both teams are jostling for the third spot in the Central Division.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
In the first game of a two game home-and-home series between Iowa and Rockford on Feb. 4, the IceHogs defeated the Wild by a score of 4-2. Wild forward Bryce Misley and Wild defenseman Dakota Mermis both scored in the third period to pull Iowa within two goals, but the Wild could not come all the way back from a 4-0 deficit. Wild goaltender Andrew Hammond made 19 saves in his first start since Dec. 31, 2021.
- Wild forward Bryce Misley has scored a goal in two consecutive games.
- Iowa forward Adam Beckman has tallied three total assists in his last two games.
- Wild forward Kyle Rau has recorded at least one point in 20 of his 27 games played this season.
- Iowa has scored and allowed 109 goals this season. They are the only AHL team with an even goal differential.
HOGS AT HOME
- IceHogs defenseman Ian Mitchell has recorded six points (2-4=6) in six games against Iowa this season.
- Rockford goaltender Arvid Soderblom has allowed 8 goals in two games against the Wild this season.
- IceHogs forward Evan Barratt’s goal on Feb. 4 was his first point since Jan. 8.
- Rockford forward Lukas Reichel is T-3rd among AHL rookies in goals scored (13).
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at .