GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS TEXAS STARSFeb 24, 2022
Iowa Wild (20-20-3-3; 46 pts.) vs Texas Stars (16-18-5-4; 41 pts.)
Iowa and Texas play for the fourth time in the 2021-22 season on Thursday, Feb. 24 at Wells Fargo Arena. Texas took two of the first three matchups between the Stars and the Wild.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
The Wild and the Stars faced off for the third time this season on Tuesday, Feb. 22. After the Stars scored the game’s first three goals, Wild forward Mason Shaw and Wild defenseman Turner Ottenbreit both scored third period goals to pull Iowa within one. However, Stars forward Curtis McKenzie deposited an empty net goal with 47-seconds remaining in the third period to lift Texas to a 4-2 victory.
- Iowa forward Marco Rossi has recorded a point in 28 of his 38 games this season.
- Wild forward Mitchell Chaffee has registered multiple points in three of his last six games.
- Iowa is T-3rd in the AHL in shorthanded goals scored (4) on home ice this season.
- Only four teams (COL, CLT, ONT, UTI) have scored more second period goals (51) than the Wild this season.
- Stars forward Joel L’Esperance has recorded seven points (3-4=7) in his last four games.
- Texas goaltender Matt Jurusik has allowed five total goals in his last three appearances.
- Stars defenseman Ben Gleason is T-10th in the AHL in shots on goal by a defenseman (85).
- Texas forward Curtis McKenzie has registered at least one point in eight of his last nine games.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at (515) 564-8700 or email@example.com. The 2022-23 season marks the 10th anniversary of Iowa Wild hockey. Fans can purchase season tickets for the 10th anniversary season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.