Wild About Reading
The Iowa Wild supports reading in its local community by providing a program that gives students an opportunity to earn hockey tickets by hitting their reading goals!
Goal: The Iowa Wild Wild About Reading program is designed to promote the importance of literacy and stimulate interest in reading amongst elementary and middle school students by providing a fun incentive to read – a ticket to an Iowa Wild hockey game at Wells Fargo Arena!
- Full program instructions
- Teacher program checklist
- Bookmarks for each student participating, that include a special coupon from Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers
- Ticket URL Link through FEVO for FREE student ticket redemption. The link will include a special discounted rate on additional tickets for the student’s family/friends.
Each student receives:
- Iowa Wild Bookmark containing a Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers coupon and three ‘goals’ for the students to reach – as assigned by the teacher. After completing their goals, the student will SCORE an Iowa Wild game ticket, and a special prize* at the game!
- FREE ticket to a future Iowa Wild game (Fall 2020 game dates TBA)
*Prize must be picked up on a game night.
- Program runs for two weeks (or otherwise determined by the teacher)
- Three reading goals assigned to the class by the teacher
- Each participating student receives an Iowa Wild bookmark, Raising Cane’s coupon, FREE game ticket and special prize redeemable on a preselected game night at Wells Fargo Arena
- Discount offer for additional game tickets for family and friends
- Opportunity to WIN a player/mascot appearance at your school