Wild About Reading
The Iowa Wild supports reading in its local community by providing a program that gives students an opportunity to earn hockey tickets by hitting their reading goals!
Wild About Reading Program
Goal: The Iowa Wild Wild About Reading program is designed to promote the importance of literacy and stimulate interest in reading amongst elementary and middle school students by providing a fun incentive to read – a ticket to an Iowa Wild hockey game at Wells Fargo Arena!
- Full program instructions
- Teacher program checklist
- Free ticket redemption forms
- Program runs for two weeks (or otherwise determined by the teacher)
- Three reading goals are assigned to the class by the teacher
- Each participating student receives an Iowa Wild bookmark and Raising Cane's coupon
- After each goal is achieved the student receives a prize
Goal 1 – Iowa Wild bookmark
Goal 2 – Raising Cane's Kid Combo
Goal 3 – Free ticket to a future Iowa Wild game
When a student completes the reading “hat trick", they receive a ticket to an upcoming Iowa Wild home game.
- Family and friends are given the opportunity to purchase tickets at a discounted rate.
- Five lucky classrooms are randomly selected for a reading visit from Iowa Wild players!